Reports to: Director of Finance
The Senior Staff Accountant will report to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for critical accounting tasks within the accounting department.
- Prepare monthly quarterly and annual operating reports BS, IS CF and Roll forward Schedules.
- Prepare monthly construction draws.
- Coordinate with property managers and construction personnel on accruals and various other accounting issues.
- Identify investigate and explain in detail all budget to actual variances.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly forecasts.
- Prepare and record all journal entries.
- Review Balance Sheet and P&L accounts for accuracy and verify that they reconcile to the detailed GL. The review includes variance analysis to last year and current year budget and resolution of all outstanding issues.
- Prepare quarterly and yearly operational capital account roll forward schedules for all business partners.
- Prepared account analysis for the assigned cost centers and reconcile intercompany accounts to ensure financial statements are presented properly and in accordance with GAAP or the Tax Basis of Accounting.
- Reconcile all Due to and Due from accounts of all parents and subs.
- Responsible for tracking, analyzing, and recording investment transactions. This included preparing capital waterfalls, capital contributions, capital distributions and preferred interest calculations.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial reports analyze projects and review with project teams department managers.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment. Control purchasing department budgets.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Accounting for Fixed Assets and computing and recording Depreciation Expense by category.
- 5-7 years of hands on accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university, preferably in the field of Accounting or Finance.
- Relevant SAGE experience.
- Ability to work in an environment consisting of users that have a wide range of accounting and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with SAGE, MS Products and other accounting and financial reporting tools.
- Excellent technical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to explain highly technical concepts
- To a non-technical audience.
- Able to function both in a team environment and also independently with minimal supervision.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with our organization. While only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Sage Software: 1 year (Preferred)
- construction draw: 1 year (Required)
- Accounting / Staff Accountant: 5 years (Required)