Prime Engineering is seeking to fill a Power Systems Engineering position for a motivated and hardworking person keen to join a dynamic company in the fast-moving industry of electrical power and distribution systems
With a reputation for customer service excellence, Prime Engineering specializes in taking on unique challenges and delivering creative independent power solutions across BC. Our experienced staff deliver top quality electrical engineering and field services, with a focus on the supply, design and commissioning of electrical projects.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment working on challenging and diverse projects independently, with a culture that values innovative problem solving, you'll love working at Prime. Join our growing small firm based in Victoria BC, which affords our staff the best work location, climate, and lifestyle opportunities found anywhere in Canada.
Title: Power Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full-time.
Location: Victoria, BC.
- Power system studies including but not limited to: Load flow, Short Circuit, coordination, Arc Flash, harmonics, Ground grid and motor starting analysis
- Review and Create Power System simulations, reports and studies.
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets
- Assist in the development of engineering policies, standards and procedures
- Provide technical support, mentoring and guidance to engineers and clients
- Project management
- Interface with Vendors, conduct technical evaluations and make recommendations
- Interface with customers and contractors.
- Prepare electrical drawings
- Preparation of project documentation including operation and maintenance manuals, protection philosophy, project design basis and schematics
- Desire to learn and research topics outside area of expertise to implement within new designs.
- 5-10 years of experience directly related to Power System Studies
- Experience dealing with clients on a daily basis
- Professional Engineer - Registered or eligible for registration with EGBC
- Field experience with electrical power equipment an asset
- Project and employee management experience an asset
- Excellent MS Office skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with digital power system modeling software. Experience with ETAP necessary.
- Experience with CDEGS and PSS/E or similar are assets
- Leadership and proven Interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- systems engineer: 1 year (Preferred)