Consistently recognized as one of Washington's Best Workplaces!
Prime Electric is seeking a number loving, detail oriented and driven Staff Accountant who will serve as a key contributor to the Accounting and Finance team. The Staff Accountant will be an expert in recording accounting transactions, reporting from our general ledger and supporting the business. The Staff Accountant will work cross functionally to ensure that cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepaid assets, fixed assets and intercompany transactions are recorded and reported appropriately.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and analytical self-starter, who loves problem solving and working in a dynamic environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an eagerness to learn are critical to the success of this role. This position will report to the Assistant Controller.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Staff Accountant.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or in a related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems required.
- Audit or Internal Audit experience, desirable
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Three (3) to Five (5) years construction/job cost accounting experience.
- Vista by Viewpoint experience desirable.
- CPA or working toward preferred.
- Strong organization - prioritizes multiple business-critical projects and initiatives to ensure no deliverables slip through the cracks.
- Meticulous - pays keen attention to detail and has a high level of integrity.
- Innovative Self Starter - ability to time-manage and work independently when required.
- Driven - excels in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Collaborative - enthusiastic to work cross-functionally across the organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit -demonstrates a resourceful and problem-solving nature.
- Professional attitude - takes a "can do" approach to whatever task is at hand.
- Daily cash management entries
- Monthly bank account reconciliations
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Record and ensure inter-company transactions are accurate.
- Investigate and prepare support for flux analysis of operating expenses
- Supports annual and periodic audit processes by coordinating the collection of company information and preparing schedules requested by auditors.
- Partners with the assistant controller in a variety of complex functions such as special projects, policy setting, and standardization of accounting practices and procedures across the company.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Perks and Benefits:
- Compensation: DOE
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage - covers employee & dependents with no premium cost to employee
- 401k Program w/ Direct Benefit; Generous Profit Sharing and Discretionary Bonus Programs
- Life and Disability Benefit - long term disability included with no premium cost to employee
- Education Reimbursement Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Travel Benefit
- Wellness Program which includes paid health club membership
- Legal Services Benefit
Prime Electric does not engage with or utilize recruiting or placement agencies for any recruiting or hiring needs. Prime hiring managers are not authorized to review or accept resume referrals from any agencies.
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement