The SA reports to the CFO. Helps in the maintenance and control of General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the CFO with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations & preparation of the Accounting/ Finance Department reports including rolling forecasts, budget review and analysis.
- Perform the processing and recording of general ledger transactions in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Perform AP, Costing, Invoicing, and full charge booking for a small division of the company
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals,
- amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets,
- employer's benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of spreadsheet analysis of sales and other company KPI's
- Assists in the preparation of all construction AIA industry Invoicing
- Assists in the preparation of yearly budgets, working with all departments for information
- Assists in all computer related needs and functions
- And any other requirements needed by the Accounting department areas of responsibilitySKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, outlook, and especially Excel).
- Hands-on detail-oriented tasks.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Strong aptitude with IT/MIS and the desire to help in the maintenance of all IT applications
- Minimum of five years' experience working in an accounting department.
- Manufacturing environment a plus
- A four-year degree in Accounting
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)