We have a unique opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to make a significant impact on our internal customer success system. This system is an integral piece to the communication channel with our 150 million users (yes that many) and we would like you to help enhance the POF user experience overall.
You will collaborate closely and develop strong relationships with our internal customer department on site to make your mark on this platform. This is a diverse role which offers the prospect to influence changes to our legacy code, help centre, reporting, scam detection, user profiles and, longer term, the growth to develop on other platforms. There will be strong mentorship from other developers on the platform team and you will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
So, what will you do?
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Design and implement solutions to highly complex problems.
- Develop in a fast paced Continuous Integration environment
- Work on a complex project that interacts with all areas of our site.
- Make a difference! Your peers are also your customers, and you get to help them be more successful
More Bonus Points for:
- You have intermediate level experience with the following technologies:
- .NET 4 / C# MVC
- MS SQL
- External Vendor Integration API
- Bonus points for other web techs:
- Bootstrap, React, angular, etc
- Ability to read and understand legacy code. You enjoy learning how something works!
- Love technology and always be proactively working to stay ahead of the latest in hardware and software developments.
- Experienced with security best practices and high volume, large scale environments
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Experience in any other language
- Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet
- Couchbase / NoSQL
- Elasticsearch, Graphite
At Plenty of Fish, the foundation of our success has always been our people, and their dedication to making connections and conversations happen for our users.
Since 2003, we've been growing a team of passionate, driven individuals to build and enhance our platform that's used by millions of people all over the world, every single day.
We've gotten to where we are by cultivating a high-performance culture, operating responsibly, and investing in our technology and our people. At PlentyOfFish, we embrace our work, and relish a cause for celebration.