GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for managing the daily accounting function relating to the general ledger to facilitate the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements and related reports.
- Maintain fixed asset permanent records and record monthly depreciation
- Prepare monthly and recurring journal entries
- Record monthly accruals
- Reconcile daily cash postings to monthly cash position report and verify against cash posted by the billing department
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Post monthly ACH and bank wires
- Review and post inventory receiving transactions
- Enter month-end inventory adjustments and inventory transfers
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with preparing and maintaining budgets
- Assist with analyzing monthly budget to actual variances
- Ensure consistent adherence to defined policies and procedures
- Projects as assigned
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting
- 4 + years' progressive accounting experience in a complex, multi-entity environment required
- Experience working with accounting software systems, specifically Great Plains preferred
- Experience in Healthcare preferred
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally (email, meetings, etc.) to communicate effectively around functional topics.
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail
- Dependable and able to be at work during month end to close
- Ability to analyze data, identify areas of concern and/or trends, then use results in communicating to management or making recommendations.
- Problem solving skills to research and identify information
- Ability to work under deadlines with a sense of urgency, while maintaining efficiency and accuracy
- Customer Service orientation toward internal and external customers
- Ability to work as a team member, resolving problems and issues in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion regarding company information.
- Self-motivate and self-directed
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color differentiation, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk and talk, hear and smell. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. He/she is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl.