Do you love testing games?
Echtra is an independently run studio of veteran game developers. Founded with solid corporate backing in early 2016, we’re building a big world based on the beloved gaming franchise Torchlight. We have a clear long-term vision for the game, and trust our people to take the lead in making that vision come true. We use tools that support remote work and make it easy to schedule around life’s demands.
We are searching for an onsite Test Analyst to work directly with the development team to ready features for testing. In this role you will be the first pair of eyes for most of our game features, preparing tests & documentation for the QA team while providing initial feedback & test results. You will also coordinate with the QA Producer to plan overall test strategy and direct our external QA teams.
- Test Torchlight Frontiers by executing test suites, reviewing recent changes, and utilizing developer tools to dissect the game from the inside
- Build and maintain testing documentation & test suites
- Provide feedback to the game development team on features as they are being developed
- Maintain an overall picture of the current state of the game to ensure that the highest priority issues are called out and addressed
- Closely partner with the QA Producer to create and execute the department’s testing strategy
- Grow and adapt with the product for continued personal and game improvements.
- Curious - You like learning new things, asking questions, finding out specifics. This role will involve a lot of investigation and research when constructing test cases
- Skeptical - You do not always take things at face value. Phrases like “this should just work” and “This bug mysteriously fixed itself” fill you with anxiety and dread
- Clear & Concise - QA reports of all kinds need to communicate the most meaningful information in the most efficient way possible
- Organized - Game development at Echtra is quick, with features constantly moving in and out of QA and you’ll be writing tests for most new features.
- 2+ years of experience in Software/Game Quality Assurance
- 1+ years of experience writing test plans & test cases
- 1+ years of experience as an embedded tester.
- Familiarity with JIRA, Testrail, UE4, Excel / Google Sheets
- Console certification experience, especially on modern consoles
- Experience in QA leadership
- Prior experience building automated tests
- Prior experience as a game developer (in any role)
- Familiarity with programming languages, a Computer Science degree or similar technical background
- A real passion for ARPGs like Torchlight.