Perfect Picnic is Hiring!
New location on Central Park West, New Positions to fill.
Perfect Picnic is an upscale food business, specializing in picnic, events, catering and now our new retail location on Central Park West.
Perfect Picnic is a fast paced environment, where multitasking and great teamwork provide friendly and efficient service of our excellent products. Competitive wages and a fun environment. www.perfectpicnicnyc.com
We are currently filling multiple positions for a busy season!
- Assist with all daily operating procedures, such as overseeing all cafe and catering operations, ensuring product quality and brand integrity, maximizing revenue, and supervising the team.
- Have full knowledge of and appreciation for all of Perfect Picnic menu items, catering options and brand aesthetic
- Oversee and follow Perfect Picnic operating, cleaning and food safety systems to ensure proper guest experience and food handling; responsible for troubleshooting, cleaning and maintenance of equipment, FIFO, thermometers, Food Safety checklist, temperature checklist etc.. Actively contribute to ongoing development of these systems.
- Provide training, coaching and direction to team members on assigned shift; ensures everyone works as a team to maintain consistency of the cafe and catering operations and to maximize the guest experience.
- Manage all cash handling procedures during assigned shift
- Assists in developing schedules to ensure adequate coverage for all operations; deploy team as necessary to ensure the efficient operation of each shift. Ensure the accuracy of timecards to maintain accuracy of team member paychecks.
- Maintains adequate production levels during assigned shift and ensures team members are effectively utilizing portion control guidelines and recipe standards.
- Assist with processing and producing all catering orders; review orders as they come in, maintain catering calendar and ensure adequate staffing. Prep for all orders in advance (product, packaging etc..) to ensure efficient fulfillment. Expedite orders and deploy delivery to ensure each order is fulfilled accurately and on-time.
- Assist with inventory control and purchasing systems and ensure team is compliant.
- Effectively run designated shift and performs any and all duties to ensure the smooth operation of the cafe and catering operations. Assist in working stations as necessary to ensure guest and team needs are met.
- Assist all positions as required. Assist with kitchen prep, cafe service, management throughout the day as needed. Be a team player.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
- Food handlers license required
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required; a college degree is highly desirable.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a crew lead position in a restaurant/retail/customer service environment is required, with a proven ability to train and direct others.
- A combination of practical experience and/or education will be considered as an alternative.
- Must possess basic knowledge of data entry, spreadsheet manipulation, and corresponding through email and by phone.
- Flexibility in schedule with the ability to work early mornings, weekends, and evenings
- Strong attention to detail and time management and passion for quality, safety and sanitation
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Decision maker with ability to work independently
- Urgent, proactive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time (up to 6 hours at a time).
- Ability to move around the kitchen, cafe and the field
- Ability to move, lift and handle equipment, supplies and other objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to position self to move items weighing up to 25 pounds from floor to shelves and cabinets above and below counter height
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Time Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Handling: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (Required)
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Hours per week: