Auto req ID:
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place R&D Interns/ Full- Time hires primarily in the three headquarter locations: Plano, TX; Chicago/Barrington, IL; Purchase/Valhalla, NY. Location preferences will be discussed in the interview process.
We are PepsiCo:
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries and territories with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to be the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
Our employees drive our culture. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, what makes you unique, makes us better!
Functional Intern Descriptions:
- As a R&D Engineer (product or process engineer), you will collaborate with cross functional teams comprising technical experts within the R&D function, as well as business unit leaders to design, execute, and launch new innovative products across PepsiCo’s portfolio. You will play a critical role in the innovation lifecycle by providing your insight and technical expertise from ideation through product launch.
- As a R&D Food Scientist , you will participate in the product development process including new idea generation, prototype development, and product optimization and production start-up across a diverse portfolio of beverage and snack product categories.
- As a R&D Global Functions Specialist , you will participate in providing the framework surrounding these four pillars: Compliance, R&D Data and Systems, and Technology Ventures and Global PMO. Within those pillars you could work within the following teams: Quality, Sensory, Food Safety, Data Intelligence and Management Analytics, External Innovation, Scientific Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Product Crisis & Incident Management, Supplier Quality Assurance, Nutrition Science, or Microbiology.
What We’re Looking For:
- Currently pursuing an Engineering, Food Science, Agriculture or related degree
- Must graduate with final Bachelor’s and/or Master’s and/or Doctorate degree within one (1) year of internship completion
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions
- Ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments
- Familiarity with data science preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel
- Actual working location will be determined at point of offer: Barrington, Plano, Valhalla
- Bachelor’s degree: Candidates should be completing their junior year of studies
- Masters/PhD degree: Candidates should be completing at least their first year of studies
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
Not Eligible for Relocation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement