Auto req ID:
Who We Are…
PepsiCo Design & Innovation is a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve brand and business problems that drive meaningful value and growth. Our team’s mission is to lead the innovation agendas in order to accelerate and transform PepsiCo’s Global brands and businesses beyond its core, unlocking the future of CPG. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We create and innovate to incite positive change – for people, brands, business and the world around us.
As part of the Brand Design team, you will partner closely with our PepsiCo Foodservice division to elevate and bring the company's core brands to life by creating meaningful branded retail experiences and environments for our national and local retail customers across North America and the globe. The foodservice operating environment is complex and highly dynamic, requiring diverse sales and go-to-market systems in order to meet consumer needs at work, at play, and on the go.
The Associate Art Director will help merge our customer vision and our brands and drive the creation, visualization, and execution of the development of branded experiences with PepsiCo’s retail customers. Our partners are wide ranging and include everything from premium hospitality companies, colleges and universities, to quick serve and fast casual restaurants therefore an excellent eye for trends and design in the built environment is paramount (having a keen eye for pop culture, music, graphic, fashion, retail and interior design references and trends and how they can be translated into exciting and inspiring consumer experiences is paramount). This role will be responsible for 360 branding (merchandise, licensing, environmental design, print, digital, product, etc).
Successful candidates will demonstrate superior ability to partner with Brand Design leads in concept development and refinement as well as visualization deliverables for internal and external presentations and be able to work with illustrators, graphic designers, photographers, and 3-D designers to execute their ideas. They should be comfortable and confident in being able to assist in bringing their ideas to life in the printed and built environments, working with printers, contractors, manufacturers, architects, engineers and contractors to bring ideas to fruition.
- Create process and final product visualization: renderings and sketches based on direction and feedback from Brand Design lead for internal and external deliverables
- Iterate on designs based on direction and feedback from Brand Design lead
- Developing and/or revising design projects, from concept to production, for customer retail partners
- Design in alignment to evolving brand standards with emphasis on brand consistency
- Accurately produce brand assets/imagery
- Present design concepts in a clear and concise manner (excellent presentation skills are a plus)
- Quickly sketch ideas to create and communicate concepts
- Work cross-functionally throughout the design center to support Retail Innovation
- Ideate and construct ideas within a team based design environment
- Consistently meet project deadlines and maintain a high level of work while managing multiple projects
- Participate and contribute in brainstorm sessions and consistently use sense of creativity, foresight and good design judgment in developing and applying marketplace trends
- Creating high quality retail brand design solutions by directly executing design and leveraging internal/external design resources
- Oversee the technical development of design intent drawings with agency partners, including red-lines, details and materials recommendations
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design required with 5+ years of brand design experience (3-D environmental work a plus). Through past experience and case studies, demonstrates strong ability to create and enhance consumer experience at all points of consumer brand interaction
- Expertise in brand strategy and brand identity development processes in order to translate brand principles into environmental experience, including solid POS design experience
- Advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suite. Photoshop skills are a must (the ability to mock up graphic concepts in a 3-D environment is paramount)
- Freehand sketching a plus
- Ability to manage/conceptualize graphic design and in-store communication
- Ability to multitask. Excellent time and project management skills to be able to create and manage project timelines and project budgeting
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling programs to advise on development of environmental renders. Understand architectural drawing conventions and be able to read architecture plans, sections, etc.
- Extraordinary design taste and skill with an excellent sense of pop culture, retail, tech and design trends
- Ability to work in s dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels. Excellent presentation design skills (Keynote) and understanding of how to present to internal and external audiences
- Knowledgeable of key hospitality and retail dimensions/clearances and ADA requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement