• • Performing other duties as assigned.
• • Assist with the development of specific policies and procedures for both the facility and the department related to life enrichment requirements
• • Plans, organizes and directs the implementation of the life enrichment programs within the home.
• • Works cooperatively with staff, students, other departments, volunteers and families to meet resident and family needs.
• • Ensures Resident’s Council / Family Council activities are facilitated in accordance with legislative requirements and within home.
• • Coordinates and evaluates all the support services within the home
• • Coordinates the volunteer program for the facility, including recruiting and orienting volunteers for the home.
• • Maintains all required records, reports, statistics in accordance with policies and procedures and legislative requirements and utilizes these reports for planning purposes in connection with the Executive Director.
• • Communicates departmental activities to residents, staff, families and the community to encourage participation in programs to support health and wellness within the home.
• • Reviews and updates assessments and programs regularly in connection with the Director of Care to ensure care plans are accurate.
• • Assisting in linking residents and family with resources and services both within the Long-Term Care and community.
• • Ensuring that all required programs and therapy committees are functioning within their terms of reference and areas of responsibility.
• • Participating in the recruitment, health and safety committee /orientation, performance management, training, education and related functions of the Long-Term Care Community for respective department team members
• • Assessing of individual resident activity and leisure requirements, interests and abilities in order to identify needs, develops appropriate support to optimize resident involvement, and introduces new and/or modified activities, programs, services
• • Managing, planning, and evaluating a wide range of services and activities to meet the needs of the resident in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and organization standards
• • Participate in the admission process, and the Care Conferences with Families
• • Planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring the effectiveness of all operational activities within the programs, wellness and recreation departments.
• • A post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university
• • At least 1-year experience in a health care setting (preferably in long term care)
• • 3-5 years’ experience in Long Term Care with specialized knowledge of Gerontology.
• • Minimum 3 years’ equivalent experience in management, program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
• • Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification.