To meet the needs of pain and spasticity patients with implanted intrathecal pumps through comprehensive assessment, pump refills and adjustments. Nursing care is reviewed and adapted accordingly to move the patient towards mutually agreed upon goals. Policies, procedures, and standards of care, are guided by the nursing process and the nurse practice standards.
Essential Elementsof nursing practice:
In order to provide continuity of care and perform early intervention, the registered nurse collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s overall health and environment
The registered nurse derives nursing diagnoses following the analysis of assessment data
The registered nurse develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected outcomes
The registered nurse implements an individualized plan that utilizes strategies to promote, maintain and restore healthy, adaptive behaviors. The Registered Nurse provides education consistent with the patients level of adaptation, lifestyle and developmental needs in order to provide appropriate information.
The registered nurse evaluates patient’s adaptation towards attainment of acceptable outcomes.
The registered nurse practices ethically
The registered nurse attains knowledge that reflects current nursing practice and maintains Pentec competencies for IT drug delivery devices
- Evidence-Based Practice and Research
The registered nurse integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
The nurse contributes to the quality of nursing practice.
The registered nurse communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
The registered nurse demonstrates professional leadership.
Non Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work flexible scheduled hours: 24 hour accountability
- Perform other duties, special projects as assigned
- Demonstrates teamwork with members of the health care team
Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Demonstrated skill and ability required for completion of Intrathecal Nurse Training Orientation program.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and be a resourceful, proactive problem solver
- Possess strong organizational and process skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work well and communicate effectively with multiple departments.
- Strong clinical background.
- 3 years clinical nursing experience required.
- ICU/ER/OR and Home care experience preferred.
Education, Certifications, Trainings:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse and the ability to become licensed in another state if needed
- Ability to perform CPR continuously in emergency situation, according to American Heart standards.
- N’Vision 8840 Programmer
- Intermediate computer skills with programs such as Microsoft Office, Suite: Outlook, Adobe PDF, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of Smart phones
Specified RN positions may be hired for travel to an undefined region beyond where they live. This requirement will be discussed during the hiring process. Requirements may change due to business needs.