At Penske a Rental Representative, part time, will provide service by assisting, in person or on the phone, our internal and external customers and will support the needs of branch and rental department. This position demands a confident individual with customer service orientation, strong interpersonal and telephone skills, who will provide front line contact with prospects, manage a large fleet of vehicles, match vehicle demand with availability, coordinate all aspects of customers’ accounts and ensure complete customer satisfaction in a fast paced environment.
Regardless of experience or college degree, this position will give you the business experience you need to excel. We offer a structured training program, which will enable you to apply your educational training and skills to real world situations.
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills while earning additional income. This position is addressed to people who would like to start their career in customer service as well. Our best part-time rental representatives have the opportunity to join our full-time Sales / Management Trainee program.
By applying to this posting, you will be in our database and notified of future openings as they come available in your area of interest across our Penske locations.
- Compute charges for merchandise or services and receive payments
- Prepare merchandise for display, or for purchase or rental
- Recommend and provide advice on a wide variety of products and services
- Keep records of transactions and of the number of customers entering an establishment
- Prepare rental forms, obtaining customer signature and other information, such as required licenses
- Inspect and adjust rental items to meet the customer’s needs
- Explain rental fees, policies and procedures
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about products and services, to take orders or cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and adjusting bills
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 6+ months of sales and customer service experience required
- 6+ months of inside sales experience preferred
- High school diploma required
- Some college or bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to work independently, customer service skills, organizational skills, and a positive attitude are required
- Intermediate proficiency in the use of a computer, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Willingness to work the required schedule including some weekends is essential
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete a Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25/lbs12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/ 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and
warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.