We are currently searching for a Staff Accountant to join our small Accounting/Finance team located in Washington, DC. The Accounting/Finance team is comprised of six individuals. The successful candidate will be excellent at determining priorities, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment in an efficient manner.
Key responsibilities of the successful lead candidate are as follows:
- Provide accounts payable functions on a daily/weekly basis, including processing invoices, disbursing funds, print and mailing checks, electronic-filing and record keeping;
- Responsible for review and data entry of vendor invoices;
- Maintain accurate financial records for the organization;
- Review employee expense reimbursements for adherence to Company policy and process for payment;
- Maintain supporting audit schedules for assigned balance sheet and income/expense accounts;
- Work with the other members of the team to promptly finish the monthly close, including assisting with intercompany reporting;
- Responsible for annual 1099 preparation;
- Respond to operations team and vendor inquiries about accounts payable matters in a timely manner;
- Set-up new vendors in accordance with Company policies;
- Assist the Project Accountant in setting up new clients in the accounting system, invoicing clients and responding to client requests;
- Prepare miscellaneous data reports, schedules and analysis upon request; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.