Peninsula Employment Services Limited | Job Title: Business Development Manager | Department: Field Sales
Lethbridge, AB | Salary: $60,000, first year guarantee of $85,000
Peninsula Employment Services Limited ("Peninsula") is a provider of external human resources solutions, including employment relations advice, health and safety advice and legal support, to small and medium-sized businesses located throughout Ontario. Peninsula is a division of Peninsula Business Services Limited, based in Manchester, England. Peninsula currently operates in the U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and most recently, Canada, and employs over 1,500 people globally. Peninsula opened its Canadian office in September 2017 and has quickly become one of the fastest growing companies in Ontario, Alberta, and British Columbia.
We offer extensive training, a competitive base salary and an excellent uncapped commission and bonus scheme. All we want in return is that you bring a great attitude to new business generation and a professional approach to selling. You will have the support of a dedicated inside sales representative and between you; you will be selling the fantastic services Peninsula have to offer in the B2B market. This is an exciting opportunity to join our business and build a career with a leading organization in the business services sector.
The Role of Business Development Manager
Achieve sales targets through the development of self-generated business using third-party introducers, referrals and working closely with the internal Telemarketing department.
We're looking for a dynamic, motivated, high performing new Business Development professional, selling Employment Law outsourcing solutions to the SME sector (1-50 employee businesses). The ideal candidate with have a proven track record in sales and new business generation. Industry experience is not required as full training is provided, but high energy, target focus and a consultative 'value based' selling style are a pre-requisite for the job.
Day-to-Day Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend meetings with potential clients and referral partners
- Self-generate new leads, appointments and referrals through day to day new business activity.
- Attend sales appointments booked by your Telemarketing partner.
- Achieve quarterly sales targets.
- Accurately build, manage and maintain your sales pipeline.
- Thrive on working in a fast paced, target focussed high energy and high rewarding culture.
- Proven sales experience in the B2B sectors (industry experience not required)
- Field sales experience would be an asset
What you Bring to the Team
- A mature approach to intelligent consultative selling
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive and tenacious attitude and an unyielding passion for success
- Extensive social and business networks
- Target driven and total focus on achieving targets and helping grow business
- An outside the box, pro-active approach to self-generate new business through activity, referrals and networks
- Ability to sell to different audiences including Business Owners, Board of Directors and HR Managers.
Why Work for Peninsula?
Peninsula has been voted one of the best companies to work for two (2) years in a row by the Glassdoor Awards. Peninsula is a rapidly growing global company and intends to expand its operations to western Canada in 2019. Peninsula is a highly motivated enterprise that promotes an entrepreneurial culture.
Peninsula is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace where all employees are valued. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in our selection process.
What you get in return?
- Endless opportunities and earning potential, with an uncapped commission structure
- Company Car or Car allowance of $8,400
- iPad and phone
- 15 days paid vacation
What is it like working in the Sales Team at Peninsula?
The Sales team are outgoing, tenacious and lively individuals who excel in a buzzing environment and bring a lot of fun to our business. You will also need a professional and pro-active approach to work, as we are looking for individuals who can always lead and use initiative!