Peel Mutual Insurance is seeking a relentless "people person" who lives to build lasting, rewarding relationships as a Farm Underwriter.
You want to make an impact.As a Farm Underwriter, you'll leverage your expertise in the agri-business industry to assess and evaluate new business for Peel Mutual. You're committed to service excellence and you'll achieve that in communicating and negotiating coverage and pricing with Brokers. You believe in a common sense approach to rating, underwriting and file documentation. Most importantly, your knowledge of agri-business allows you to customize your approach and keep complex coverage simple and relatable.
You're going to thrive if you:
- Are confident in your Farm underwriting skills
- Are passionate about delivering a top-notch customer experience
- Building relationships is your bread and butter—you love getting to know new people and learning about how you can craft value-added solutions
- Are never content with your level of knowledge, seeking out new information to enhance your skills and abilities
- Love being an independent solutions-oriented thinker, but enjoy collaboration and knowledge-sharing with the team
- Attribute part of your success thus far to critical thinking and attention to detail
What you'll bring to the table:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of farm (crop, dairy, and/or traditional) underwriting experience
- Applicants with experience in multiple lines of insurance business preferred
- Post-secondary education
- CIP designation or working toward one
- Excellent verbal and written communication, superior customer service skills, excellent time management skills
- Proficient with computer applications including MS Office
- Strong sales and marketing skills a must, business acumen, interest in continued education and professional development
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits and an additional Health & Wellness spending account
- Additional paid personal time
- Work/Life integration and employee focused culture
- On-site weekly yoga, massage therapy, and wellness program
- Opportunities for growth and skills development with traditional in-class and technology-supported learning
Peel Mutual Insurance welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are in need of an accommodation, please let us know.
All applications should be addressed to Matt LeMaire, VP of Human Resources and can be completed via Indeed or sent by email to mlemaire (at) peelmutual.com.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales/marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Farm risk underwriting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Underwriting: 3 years (Preferred)