Palliser Furniture Upholstery Ltd. is currently seeking a creative and passionate individual to fill the role Graphic Designer. The successful candidate will combine art and copy to communicate ideas and objectives through design for print and digital channels. You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Palliser Brand and for maintaining best practices and accounts of Palliser’s use of e-communication channels.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Project Manager and Art Director to establish timelines, budgets and logistics of a project.
- Execute assigned projects, compile materials and produce digital files according to printer or digital specifications efficiently in timeline provided – maintain the utmost in quality and accuracy at the same time controlling maximum cost effectiveness.
- Close cutting of images, typesetting, creative design to meet requirements of project.
- Proofreading skills are a plus.
- Participate in press checks.
- Assist in printing, laminating and trimming.
- Quick knowledge and care of different equipment such as: laminator – changing materials, Printer – changing materials, paper jams, etc.
- Process customized “Point of Purchase” (POP) requests and track orders in conjunction with the POP department and Procurement.
- Create and distribute Palliser e-communications and maintain the subscription lists.
- Design Fulfillment
- Review the client’s information and initial direction of the concept they want to achieve utilizing the design brief, and any key points that need to be featured.
- Partner with the Art Director and Project Manager to establish timelines and logistics of the project.
- Collaborate with creative team to brainstorm for ideas.
- Assist the Art Director in design development, and concept finalization.
- Assist Project Manager with procurement to ensure successful production process.
- Review final product with Art Director and Director of Marketing.
- Distribute the final product as needed following necessary approvals.
- Degree or diploma in graphic design.
- Hands-on experience in a graphic design role.
- Proficient in key Adobe Creative Cloud apps (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge, Acrobat).
- Some experience in After Effects and Premier Pro is a plus.
- Experience with digital communication platforms.
- Web design experience an asset.
- Working knowledge of print production.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multi-project environment.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive base salary to commensurate with your skills and experience, plus opportunities for incentives. Our Winnipeg office is located close to public transportation and offers plenty of parking and convenient on-site and nearby facilities.
- Our employees also receive a great range of benefits, including:
- Group benefits plan (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability)
- Quarterly profit bonuses
- RRSP matching available after 2 years
- Computer purchase program
- Discounted gym membership available
- Opportunities for training and professional development
Upon joining Palliser, you will be welcomed into a culture that encourages and fosters growth and supports internal promotion. Palliser also hosts numerous social events throughout the year such as service awards, birthday parties, and BBQs!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic organization that cares as deeply about its workforce and the community as it does about its products and customers. Palliser is a place where shared values and a commitment to excellence goes into every piece of furniture produced.