Basic Function: The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, and some operational and support functions within PDI including the production of periodic financial reports, cooperation in maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results are in compliance.
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Coordinate financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree (preferred not required) in accounting.
- 2 to 3 years of experience, preferably in Medical Operations.
- Progressively responsibility and experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Primarily in an office environment.
- Will be expected to travel as needed to various PDI offices, as well as to potential acquirees to conduct due diligence.
- Schedule will typically be Monday-Friday with required flexibility to accommodate company business needs.
Interested candidates please submit your resume with salary requirements. Resumes submitted w/out salary requirements will no be considered.
- 6 paid Holiday
- Employee discounts
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)