PDI provides services across all verticals and continues to grow as a leader across every sector of data management, from Big Data to Data Science. Our team's talent is what sets us apart from our competitors and we continuously seek out the foremost talent of the technology community to give you the best result possible.
At this moment we are hiring a Python Data Engineer (Python, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes) for our client located in San Francisco, CA
* You will work closely with data architects, data scientists and data product managers on the team to ensure that we are building an integrated, performant solutions.
* Ideally you will have a Software Engineering mindset, be able to leverage CI/CD and apply critical thinking to the work you undertake.
* The role would suit candidates looking to make the move from working with traditional big data stacks such as Spark and Hadoop to using cloud native technologies (DataFlow, Big Query, Docker/Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, Redshift, Cloud Functions).
* Candidates who also have strong software development skills and wishing to make the leap to working with Data at scale will also be considered.
* Strong programming skills in languages such as Python/Java/Scala including building, testing and releasing code into production.
* Strong SQL skills and experience working with relational/columnar databases (e.g. SQLServer, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Presto, Hive, BigQuery etc.)
* Knowledge of data modelling techniques and integration patterns.
* Experience migrating from on-premise data stores to cloud solutions
* Practical experience with traditional Big Data stacks (e.g. Spark, Flink, HBase, Flume, Impala, Hive etc.)
* Experience with AWS data pipeline, Azure data factory or Google Cloud Dataflow
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Full Time Opportunity: