Hello. I hope you're having a good day. Thank you for clicking on this ad. Sorry if it's kind of long but I really want to tell you our story.
My name is Michel. I am the HR Manager for Pacific Customs Brokers.
The last time I was looking for a position (more than 10 years ago), what I wanted in my new employer and colleagues was actually pretty simple:
1) Having coworkers that weren't annoying jerks and actually cared about their jobs
2) Managers that would support and actually know me. In my previous job, I was employee number "3001CHI". The only time I saw my actual name anywhere was on my pay statements and the staff directory. Really, no joke. Also, never knew why "CHI". Seriously, what does that even mean? And, who are 3000CHI and 3002CHI?
3) Chances to grow and develop in my career. Give me a challenge so I'm not just dreaming about burning rubber out of the parking lot on Friday afternoon.
4) A company I know is going to be around and not suddenly "restructure" so I don't have to go through the pain of searching for work again and suffering through endless interviews.
5) Good benefits so I don't have to dread going to the dentist any more than I have to (note: my dentist is really good and his staff are fantastic. I don't mean to hurt their feelings. Sorry, Dr. Shew).
How about you?
If you're like me, read on. You may have found your new home.
We're Customs Brokers. Although we've been in business since 1954, you've probably never heard of what we do. No, we don't carry guns and have nifty TV shows like "Border Security"- that's the Canada Border Services Agency. In a nutshell, our job is to assist importers bring goods into Canada in the most legally-compliant and efficient way. And we've done it all: from Italian suits, to hydro-electric dam components, and even to those little paper umbrellas in your tropical drink. Yes, we're at the nexus of Canada and the global marketplace and we love it!
I'm now searching for full-time Customs Clerks with an interest in international trade to join our team. When you've learnt enough about our business and our culture, we'll start you off on your path to becoming a fully-licensed Customs Broker (often known as a Customs Lawyer in some countries). After all, why settle for just a job? Be ready for some seriousongoing learning, though.
International trade is a 24/7/365 business, so we are too. Never shutting off the lights and always having the "We're Here to Help!" sign up means that you will be on a shift-based schedule, with time assignments which will vary over your career and will include days, afternoons, and at times overnights. This is not a Monday to Friday daytime job.The shift will also usually include a Saturday and/or Sunday. That said, you don't get a mish-mash of random shifts that disappear as the week goes on like you get in retail or hospitality. You'll know your shifts at least a month in advance and you'll always be full-time.
Hate to harp on this but if you do not have 24/7 availability, please do not apply. This is not flexible.
What you need to have:
We're located at the US/Canada border crossing (176th Street and 1st Avenue) in South Surrey/White Rock. There's no public transportation to our office so you musthave a vehicle to get here. Those without reliable transportation will not be considered for interview.
So, do you think you've found your new home? If so, I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for reading all the way to the end : )
Job Type: Full-time