ACCOUNTANT & BUSINESS MANAGER
Pacific Consulting Group (PCG) conducts research and statistical analysis for federal governmental and corporate clients. Since 1980 PCG has excelled at identifying insights and deriving meaning using data science techniques to inform policy and strategy decisions and improve products and services. The firm has a growing healthcare practice and has helped over two dozen federal agencies to diagnose and improve service, programs and operations. The
PCG Corporate Practice focusing on helping companies to innovate and provide competitive products and services.
This position is for an Accountant with experience applying accounting principles to an overall business' accounting functions with responsibilities as a Business Manager, supporting human resource, facility and contracts management.
This is a multi-faceted role suitable for someone with strong accounting knowledge but who has an interest in HR and operations.
- Conduct basic accounting processes: invoicing, billing, electronic and physical record keeping
- Serve as primary bookkeeper: processing A/P, A/R, payroll, banking and credit card
- Work with Director of Finance on financial reporting and business metrics
- Support facilities, office operations, and vendor management
- Liaise with ADP for payroll, employee benefits management and onboarding
- Assist with coordinating office/team events and meetings
- As an overall PCG team member, contribute to process improvement
- 5+ years of experience doing advanced bookkeeping and strong technical accounting skills; degree in accounting or direct experience with A/R, A/P, payroll, general ledger and monthly close cycle.
- Knowledge of office operations and human resources in a small business setting
- Government project accounting is a plus, including knowledge of Deltek Accounting Software
- Skilled with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills, can do attitude and proactive approach
- Strong attention to detail in all paperwork, bookkeeping and tracking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with contract organization desired
Full time employment in Redwood City office. Salary commensurate with experience but in the $75K-$90K range.
Generous healthcare insurance and vacation benefits.
_ How to Apply_
- Write a cover letter, no more than 1/2 page, outlining the skills and attributes that make you a good candidate for this position and describe briefly why you want the job.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. PCG is not able to sponsor new H1b visas.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture