Pacific Coast Supply is a distributor of building products with over 40 locations throughout the Western United States and has been serving the needs of the construction industry and the communities since 1953.
We are seeking a qualified Staff Accountant with the possibility of development and career advancement. Under the direction of the Senior Staff Accountant, this position completes the accounting functions of the Branch on an accurate and timely basis within the framework of the objectives and policies established by the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Full responsibility for preparation of certain branch financials, to include G&A, balance sheet items and annual budgeting.
- Loss prevention duties include periodic reviews and audits of financial results and business transactions for exceptions from policy and standard business practices.
- Working knowledge of financial statement specifications, GL structures and summary accounts.
- Four year college degree in accounting, finance or other related field or equivalent experience
- 1 to 3 years of accounting experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Routinely resolves issues and suggests improvements.
- Strong verbal, writing and communication skills.
- Must be able to work with little supervision and under pressure, handling multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of inventory and general ledger system.
- Detailed understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of a variety of software including but not limited to Excel, Word, and SAP.
We offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, vacation and sick pay, life insurance and wellness programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a drug free workplace.