This position in a high volume accounting department process daily receiving material, payables invoices, and purchase order information. Also processes customer payments and credits, reviews customer accounts weekly for compliance with credit terms, communicates with customers and sales regarding past due accounts, makes collections calls as necessary. This position is responsible for interacting with customers and sales to resolve payment issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process incoming invoices from fax, mail or email.
- Process and apply incoming payments for account customers on a daily basis.
- Process weekly customer account statements. This includes printing and mailing.
- Proceed with collections of past due accounts. This includes calling, writing, emailing, or faxing the customer with collections concerns.
- Provide customer service to payment questions and issues.
-Process credit requests for new customers. This includes making informed decisions about credit terms based on -Pacific Coast Fruit Company procedures.
- Complete and follow up with daily, weekly, and monthly tasks to ensure vendors are paid within PACA and other terms.
- Enter and maintain customer and vendor data in the accounting software.
- Report on uncollected accounts to the Accounting Manager and Controller.
- Process credit memos.
- Process payables
- Assist in other accounting and clerical jobs, as needed.