Pacific Coast Companies, Inc. is a dedicated team of professionals that provide a comprehensive range of business services and support to the Pacific Coast Building Products family of companies and their customers.
The Tax Intern will assist in the compliance reporting for the Corporate Tax Department. Responsibilities will include preparation of tax projects and interactions with various department manager/supervisors and various external agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - To successfully perform this job, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Assist in preparation of Corporate and Shareholder tax returns, estimates and extensions
- Types of returns include corporate S-Corp, partnership, L.L.C., individual, and trust
- Assist in information gathering for all federal and state audits under the directions of the Tax Manager
- Researches new and existing tax law for current issue and tax planning
- Develops written internal and tax process and method memos for files
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience: Working towards or possess a Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in tax, accounting, general business, or related field from four-year college or university; and one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Requires strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to deal with intercompany personnel and outside agencies in a professional manner. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, customers, and vendors.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Must be able to operate a personal computer and other various standard office machines and equipment necessary to complete duties. Must be able to operate a 10-key and enter data by touch. Must have working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Working knowledge of SAP software system preferred.
- Certificates/Licenses: NA
We are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing and maintaining a drug free work place.
Pacific Coast Companies Inc. is a dedicated team of professionals that provide a comprehensive range of business services and support to the Pacific Coast Building Products, Inc. family of companies and their customers.
Pacific Coast Building Products, Inc. (PCBP) was started by Fred Anderson, who opened the doors to Anderson Lumber Company in Sacramento, California in 1953. Throughout the years, PCBP has grown exponentially, but one thing has remained the same: we are still a family-owned company with the same set of high standards implemented by Fred all those years ago.
Our companies’ ‘house’ logo was designed years ago with the sides not touching. The slight separations signify that our companies are never complete, but always evolving, open to new products, innovations, and ideas.