Gladding McBean in Lincoln, CA is a manufacturer of vitrified clay pipe for sewers, clay roof tile, piazza clay floor tile, glazed terra cotta pottery, architectural terra cotta, sacked mortar clay, chimney tops and caps. We are a proud member of the Pacific Coast Building Products Family of Companies
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Sales Manager, this position is responsible for the Southern California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and South America markets. This position supports the pipe sales department in all areas of sales, service, training and promotion; and is responsible for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and Financial Success. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: General
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors. • Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor. • Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers. • Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature. • Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, weekly work plans, and monthly territory analyses. • Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc. • Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments. • Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management. • Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. • Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales using a CRM platform. (Salesforce) • Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected. • Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BS in Business Management or Marketing is desired.
- Equivalent experience in either field will be strongly considered.
- Strong written and oral communication. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Moderate math skills. Basic algebra should cover most applications.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Moderate proficiency with Microsoft office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
Valid Driver’s License is required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; Reach with hands and arms; Talk and listen; stand, walk, and sit.
- Frequently drive a personal vehicle.
- Occasionally required to bend at the waist; Lift and/or move up-to 50 pounds.
- Up-to 75% travel time required.
- Outdoor weather conditions, road conditions and traffic.
- Regular attendance is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Home and location office environment with moderate noise.
- Plant environment with loud noise, moving machinery, dusty, dirty.
- Outdoor weather conditions.
- Extreme temperatures.
- Wear mandatory and/or other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
This is a regular, full-time position with competitive compensation and full benefits including medical/dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing retirement plan, and wellness programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a drug free workplace