TheSoftware/Firmware Engineer designs, creates and maintains software that will be utilized in a wide range of analytical instruments to determine chemical composition and/or physical properties.
- Work effectively with a cross functional engineering team to support PAC products
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
- Designs software and/or firmware in collaboration with analytical and electrical engineers
- Writes technical documentation
- Works with outsource partners
- Validates deliveries perform expected functions
- Actively participates in teams
- Handles special projects and/or other duties
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Organizes work areas for efficiency and safety
- Provides status reports to management as required
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Academic Credentials from an accredited institution: BS in Computer Science or related field
- Three to five or more years of Software experience which includes at least 3 of the following:
- Microsoft Visual C# .NET
- SQL programming
- Client/Server or distributed computing
- Creation of software specifications
- Creating and maintaining software GUI in WinForms and WPF (REQUIRED)
- Root cause problem solving of complex issues
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of automated testing
- Familiar with project methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, and Scrum
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Demonstrated capability to implement design specifications
- Familiar with electronic test equipment a plus (oscilloscope, multimeters etc.)
- Specification analysis, issue tracking and source control (Team Foundation Server a plus)
- Ability to design and develop embedded firmware for microcontroller-based products a plus
- Experience with assembly level and C language development including the tools used to edit, compile/assemble and debug code in an embedded environment a plus
- Travel: Some travel will be required, domestic and international
- Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock when in the operations or laboratory areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability