The Ounce of Prevention Fund is one of Chicago’s most energized, future-focused organizations devoted to early childhood development.
Our mission is to give children in underserved communities the best chance for success in school and in life by advocating for and providing the highest-quality care and education from birth to age five.
We are recruiting individuals who want to join us in this mission and share a commitment to our core values of appreciation & respect, empowerment, diversity, excellence, learning and communication.
Working on the Finance team, you will provide the Ounce of Prevention Fund with financial reporting, analysis and governance in support of our organization’s mission.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager you will:
- Provide timely and accurate posting of invoices and payment processes for all accounts payable expenses, maintain current vendor information, as well as to contribute to good vendor relations. Provide overall support to the accounting department as needed.
- Enter timely and accurately all accounts payable invoices in Navision.
- Ensure invoices are coded to accurate accounts and other dimensions by analyzing prior invoices/expenses or by comparing invoices to the division budget.
- Reconcile employee and vendor cash advances monthly; prepare manual journal entry at month-end for all cash advance related activity.
- Process purchase requisitions from authorized personnel ensuring compliance with the procurement policy such as quotes from one or multiple vendors when needed; ensure correct pricing/quantity against purchase order when receiving items in NAV.
- Serve as main point of contact for staff and vendors in resolving any purchasing problems (e.g. issues with deliveries, tracking late orders, providing requisitioning support, clarifying authorized staff for purchases, etc.).
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining vendor accounts in Navision; ensure vendor packets are complete and in compliance with our Procurement, Suspension, and Debarment policies and procedures.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 2 to 4 years of experience with Accounting or similar industries
- Working knowledge of accounts payable processes
- Competency in Excel
- Strong data entry management skills
- Operational knowledge of general ledger software
- Ability to process, protect, and exercise discretion in handling confidential information
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, address shifting priorities, exercise independent judgment, and accomplish assignments in a timely manner
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a diverse environment
Last but not least we offer some great perks:
- Flexible work arrangements for qualified employees plus flexible hours, if eligible, after 90 days of employment.
- Tuition reimbursement, competitive salary and benefit packages, employer contribution towards your 401k, and much more.
The Ounce is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to our core values by creating an inclusive environment for all staff.