About OODA Health
Founded in 2017 by a team of experienced digital health and technology executives, OODA Health is transforming the administration of healthcare. Today, the US healthcare system wastes $400 billion every year on an outdated and broken claims adjudication process that creates friction and frustration for payers, providers and patients alike. Patients wrestle with surprise bills that arrive months after care is received and are impossible to understand. Providers suffer unexpected denials and delays for reimbursement, and chase patients for payment rather than focus on delivering care. Payers are locked in zero sum negotiations with providers, unable to advance care management goals.
OODA Health is transforming the administrative experience in healthcare by enabling collaborative, real-time interactions between providers, members and payers. With the OODA Health solution, claims adjudication will be instantaneous, and providers will be paid upon patient checkout. Payers will assume responsibility for patient collections, guaranteeing immediate payment to the provider and relieving physicians from chasing patients for money. Care management strategies will be based on real-time patient risk models, rather than retrospective claim reviews. Critical interactions will occur at the point of care, rather than months after an encounter.
We are a passionate, growing team looking for dedicated teammates to make a major impact on the healthcare system. We are committed to living our company values to provide a positive and dynamic working environment for our team members. Based on the principle of Colonel John Boyd's OODA Loop, we know we must move quickly and with purpose to effect meaningful change in healthcare.
The Manager of Process Improvement will be responsible for developing and overseeing training, quality assurance, and process improvement programs and initiatives within the OODA Health Service Center. The Manager will also assist the Director in developing, managing, and iterating the department's best practices in close cooperation with our key payer and provider partners. This will be a critical position ideally suited for someone with a passion for being a difference-maker and using their exceptional understanding of healthcare billing, customer service, and continuous process improvement to dramatically improve the efficiency of our healthcare system. As we build a world-class team from the ground up, the Manager will need to be hands-on and cross-functional while developing and executing the overall process improvement strategy.
* Develop and implement process improvement policies and procedures for OODA's Service Center
* Assist in developing and maintaining best practices, workflows, job aids, FAQs, and KPIs
* Develop and manage Service Center training curriculum and onboarding
* Work closely with the Director on KPI reviews and action plans
* Coordinate regular visits with partner service center(s) to continuously observe/align process flows and identify opportunities to streamline the patient experience and improve collections performance
* Act as an escalation point and SME for Service Center staff
* Assist with daily operations and regularly engage in direct patient interactions
* Other Operations support as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree
* 2-5 years process improvement experience
* 2-5 years training, curriculum, and/or policy development
* 2-5 years healthcare payer or provider billing experience
* 2-5 years call center experience
* Clear understanding of the claims/billing lifecycle
* Strong analytical skills and understanding of call center and accounts receivable metrics
* Self-starter, comfortable with the ambiguity and change that comes with building from scratch
* Understanding of call center systems and CRMs a plus
* Lean Six Sigma certification a plus
OODA Health offers competitive compensation, stock options, parental leave, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, flexible vacation, and a great opportunity to be an early hire in a fast-growing, high-profile startup.
Our Salt Lake City office is located in a prime downtown location directly on the Trax line and provides a very casual, comfortable, and collaborative team atmosphere (no cube farms here!) with great perks.
OODA Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. OODA Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.