MLSE is one of North America’s leading providers of unimaginable experiences. We are the parent company of the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBAGL) and TFC II (USL) as well as premier entertainment venues of Scotiabank Arena, Ricoh Coliseum & BMO Field. Our talented group of professionals is accountable for delivering everything our teams need to win and our fans need to enjoy the event. At the end of the day, our mission is simple: bring the world to its feet.
As the Manager, Communications Planner reporting to the Digital Experience Director, you are the strategic architect of our campaigns and evergreen platforms. You sit at the intersection of ideas and media, partnering closely with the Brand Team, Creative Director and media agency to ensure communications ideas are properly integrated across the channels that best meet a brand’s communications tasks. This role calls for a strategist with a creative heart and an analytical mind who can contextualize an idea within the appropriate channels, and ultimately ensure that creative execution and media all work in perfect harmony.
- Lead day-to-day communication planning for high-profile dynamic accounts; play a key role in building trusted relationships with Brand teams and Business-side units.
- Partner closely with Brand teams and Creative leads to ensure our creative ideas make most effective use of an integrated mix of owned, earned and paid channels, and are deployed via innovative, targeted media and technology.
- Partner closely with media agency partners to ensure that our ideas are deployed through the proper mix of paid / owned / earned channels.
- Determine the communications tasks for each campaign and write briefs that guide messaging and execution tailored for each channel.
- Create measurable campaign KPI’s, helping to enhance creative effectiveness and improve sell rate of innovative ideas.
- Read and analyze campaign metrics and leverage insights from data to improve comms effectiveness.
- Demonstrate an understanding of consumer behaviors within media, and a working knowledge of media relevant to the client’s business including TV, digital, social, experiential, print, OOH, and search.
- Showcase an understanding of digital, social and emerging platforms and technologies.
- University or College Degree in Marketing / Advertising and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3-5 years leading high performing campaigns with traditional and digital media in a communications planning, media planning, digital strategy or a social planning role; expertise in developing digital, social and experiential marketing plans a big plus.
- Experience in an advertising, digital or media agency (or a combination of all three).
- Experience with integrated advertising campaigns across multiple media channels and the ability to demonstrate its impact on the brand.
- In depth understanding of media principles, best practices, creative development, planning and buying functions.
- Strong knowledge of media research, trafficking, tracking and reporting processes, techniques, and emerging technologies, including blocking charts and scheduling software.
- Some experience analyzing campaign performance and an understanding of the role analytics plays in selling and measuring ideas (including Google Analytics as a tool)
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop professional relationships.
- Passionate, committed, outgoing, enthusiastic, reliable and works well within a team environment.
- Commitment to working occasional game days and evenings as required.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, presentation and collaboration skills.
- Superior professionalism with clients and internal team.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills, as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and eloquent presentations.
- Ambitious personality who is open to helping with any task.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.