One Planet Ops Inc, the leading online marketplace for locally-targeted advertising, is looking for a diligent, hard-working, self-starting Front-end Developer with a desire to help create world-class consumer and B2B web applications.
This person will work closely with Product Management and Marketing in a fast-paced, business-driven Agile environment at our brand new office in Toronto.
We are growing fast! If you're looking for a great opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing companies in the local market, come check us out. If you have strong skills in the areas listed below, you may have what it takes.
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include:
- Strong self-learning skills, a flexibility to adapt, an appetite for risk: One Planet Ops needs someone who can work within a team structure yet is open-minded and crazy enough to be innovative.
- Highly competitive metabolism and strong work ethic: this position is at the center of One Planet Ops’ business. Our challenge is not to find a revenue model that works having established the winning strategy we need people who can help us execute
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, a service approach to leadership and a history of respect for all colleagues
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to maintain and migrate legacy/current applications to newer technology/frameworks
Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ year of React JS (Redux/ Flux) experience
- Knowledge of SASS/SCSS
- Knowledge of ES6 and Babel or equivalent
- Knowledge of JQuery
- Knowledge of API architectures and best practices (including REST)
- Web development tools knowledge (webpack, grunt, node, npm)
- Version control using Git
- Experience communicating with web services and APIs within client-side interfaces
- Strong English communication and interpersonal skills
The following experience is considered a plus:
- Full stack development experience
- Python experience
- Outside recruiters please do not contact this posting.