ONE CARE Home & Community Support Services is a respected non profit community agency, providing in-home and community services.
As a frontline staff position the Mobility Vehicle Driver is responsible for meeting, boarding and assisting clients in and out of agency vehicles at their pick up location and safely, comfortably and reliably transporting them as directed by EasyRide to their destination at medical appointments, adult day programs, for shopping, errands and social purposes. Responsibilities also include ensuring the safety of the vehicle, equipment and client while boarding, transporting and unloading clients.
Competitive wages and benefits
- Provide a clear Police and Position of Trust Check.
- Provide a clean and current Driver's Abstract.
- Possess and maintain a valid Ontario Driver's License -F or B class
- Knowledge of safe and defensive driving techniques.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the rural area and local urban centres
- Current certification in CPR Level C and Emergency First Aid (updated every three years).
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and outside regular hours of operation.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands required as outlined in the Physical Demands Description for Van Drivers.
- Must have own transportation to job site.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with elderly and disabled clients
- Excellent time management skills and ability to follow direction and adhere to a schedule
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- F or B Drivers License (Required)