Do you want to ship a project and be mentored by the best this summer?
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
* A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
* Geekwire App of Year
* 60+ Million Downloads
The OfferUp is looking for an Data Engineering Intern to join us as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace. As a Data Engineer, you will work on collecting, storing, processing and analyzing huge sets of data, to empower our business users and engineers to gain insights about our users and our business, which will help them make great decisions.
* Build and maintain data pipelines ingesting massive amounts of data from a wide variety of sources: cloud-based transactional databases, key-value stores, high-velocity event streams and third party data feeds.
* Organize the data in a data lake, as well as a distributed, columnar, MPP data warehouse.
* Build dimensional models and transformations, providing various business users with easy to understand, high performance data models
* Graduating with a BA or BS ; Computer Science or Engineering in 2020
* Proficiency in Java or Python
* Proficiency in scripting languages and SQL
* Experience and knowledge of data pipelines and real-time data streams
* Experience with BI and visualization tools (Looker preferred)
* Must be eligible to work in the United States
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally! Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.