You are part of a group responsible for the design, delivery and support of key services related to our business and its customers. You are highly motivated with strong technical acumen in security technologies, working in collaboration with a team of other technical experts within all Technology functions. You ensure all projects and initiatives you are working on are consistently delivered to a high level of quality and reliability. You must be able to work in a fast paced, agile environment with short timelines for deliverables.
What will you be doing?
- Design, implement and manage security systems across the entire organisation’s network including NGFW, IDS/IPS, WAF and SIEM
- Work with the Networks teams to audit Firewall rules and device configuration
- Run our bug bounty program and work with our engineering team to resolve all critical bugs in a timely manner
- Work with the team to establish our application security program
- Proactively identify potential problems and improvements that can be made within the current network and security systems deployment
- Research new security related technologies and advancements to provide recommendations for ongoing improvements to the organization
- Work with vendors where required to provide effective incident resolution
- Maintain a detailed set of documentation related to all network and security systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other members of the Corporate Security team
- Provide guidance in development and implementation of technical security controls
- Develop security plans and policies
- Develop/Implement tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security events.
- Lead security incident response actions to help minimize risks.
- Help develop security plans and controls around cloud platforms
- Proof of concepts for new security technology when needed
- Design security architecture for systems and networking
- Develop application security tools
- Love for learning!
- Good scripting knowledge (BASH, Python, Ruby etc)
- Good understanding of networking (routing, switching, firewalls)
- Desire to automate boring redundant tasks!
- Knowledge regarding security best practices.
- Good Understanding of Linux and Windows (More Linux than Windows)
- Basic understanding of cloud platforms (i.e AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the company’s internal and personnel affairs
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make judgments in prioritizing and time allocation in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to deal with changes and adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to work well with others, with an emphasis on virtual teams across multiple time zones
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a multi-office environment and willingness to travel to other offices overseas as required.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Strong documentation/technical writing skills
- 5+ years of experience within network security, security engineering or application security
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Firewalls
- Experience with SIEMs and LCEs
- Experience with Design and Implementation of technical solutions
- Experience with Apache/Nginx
- Understanding of usual network and web related protocols
- Identity and access management principles.
Nice to have skills:
- Expert in automation
- Expert in cloud platforms
- Experience with Windows Active Directory Security
- Application Security