We work hard, but also value a healthy balance between work and life. O&H Investments is looking for a dynamic Controller to join our team. Performing full-charge accounting functions and supervises numerous functions such as month-end close, many reconciliations, some of which are confidential and complex in nature.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strategy, Planning, and Management
- Act as Controller and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team driving the company's financial planning.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organizations long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of the organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Identify and acquire capital requirements and funding resources.
- Communicate, engage and interact with CEO, COO, and Executive Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with the CEO to create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
- Serve as a key member of the executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget and weekly cash flow.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Prepare and communicate financial statements.
- Ensure compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Perform the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Prepare and review all month-end closing activities and process general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization's plans and operating budgets.
- Maintain accounts payable, accounts receivable and provide guidance relating to the collection process.
- Financial Relations and Policies.
- Engage with CEO and COO to develop short term and long-term plans, projections, and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors, and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in accounting from a four-year college or university
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 10 years accounting-related experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- A valid CPA CMA or other related accounting designation (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply