ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tireless seekers of pure and delicious foods that will nourish our bodies and our planet, we have devoted ourselves to a dream, a vision, a mission. We will revolutionize the way the world eats! And in so doing we will bring nourishment and balance, health and wellbeing, sustainability and community to people and planet.
Join our tribe and be surrounded by like-minded people who embody the values of Innovation, Purity, Community and Well-Being. This means we care about things like health, wellness, organics, GMO labeling, giving back, work-life balance, recycling, and energy and water conservation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is responsible for managing trade deductions for a defined group of accounts. This individual will audit promotional contracts, conduct trade validation and payment trade accrual management, evaluate and interpret deductions and promotions to improve timeliness and accuracy relating to deduction resolution and management.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
* A minimum of an Associate's degree (preferably in accounting or related field)
* 3+ years of related experience, including experience with trade spend management.
* Advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite, and advanced Excel Modeling
* A solid understanding of databases
* The ability to interpret data as it relates to business
* The ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
* Attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to multi-task
* A desire to work in a fast-paced, time-critical environment
* Strong communication skills
* The ability to build a strong rapport with internal departments and external customers
* ERP Experience preferred (Great Plains 2010)
* Analyze and interpret customer performance to the agreed upon contractual obligations.
* Ensure accuracy of allowances permitted based on contract terms and conditions for rebates and price deviations.
* Validate the integrity of the claim data used in the sales reporting that drives business strategy and financial decisions utilizing internal purchase data and external sources.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, sales and other cross-functional departments. Effectively leads collaboration with those contacts to achieve problem resolution where needed.
* Identify trade discrepancies and works with the customer to gain understanding for resolution.
* Improve process efficiencies productivity and quality.
* Monitor trends and recommends opportunity for increased profitability.
* Ensure compliance of internal guidelines and controls including trade spending and check policy for payments made for trade spending promotions.
* Utilize knowledge of trade programs tools & systems to develop the tracking and reporting for analysis related to business strategies and goals.
* Responsible for the calculation of the monthly accrual liability
* Communicate trade trends risk and action steps to improve results and maximize business working capital.