Our vision is to inspire well-being of mind, body and spirit through the simple art of tea. Through authenticity, creativity, and commitment to people and planet, we bring you the purest best tasting organic tea.
Oakland, CA based Numi Organic Tea is a purveyor of premium quality organic, non-GMO and Fair Trade Certified teas and herbal teasans. Numi blends its organic leaf teas with only real herbs, fruits, flowers and spices—not unnecessary “natural” flavorings or perfumes. All Numi products are packaged in recycled-content containers and non-GMO verified biodegradable bags and are available in retail outlets in more than 50 countries worldwide, including the U.S., Canada, the UK, Denmark, the Netherlands and online at NumiTea.com. An award-winning social enterprise and founding B Corporation member, Numi supports community development projects worldwide.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, Numi’s Controller will oversee daily ledger and subsystem processes for Numi, Inc. and its overseas re-seller subsidiary. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: supervision of accounting staff (3), revenue, payment and payroll processing, fixed assets, account reconciliations, management of monthly close process, maintaining the chart of accounts, preparation of financial reports, assistance with projects as well as facilitating periodic audits.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
* 8 years or more of relevant accounting experience, including supervisory responsibilities.
* CPG experience.
* Audit firm experience strongly preferred.
* Strong understanding of US GAAP. Understanding of the principles of consolidation and foreign exchange accounting and knowledge of CPG accounting.
* Significant experience with trade promotion accounting, systems and processes.
* Highly organized with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and other commitments.
* Strong business understanding as shown through thoroughness and attention to important detail.
* Experience in managing a team of finance professionals
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Fluency in Microsoft Office including advanced excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, macros, etc)
* Experience with SQL databases of customer and other financial data.
* Experience with SAGE and/or other ERP systems.
* Experience with BOARD, preferred but not required.
* Lead the accounting team, including interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, directing work and appraising performance.
* Manage accounts receivable and payable processes, establishing effective and efficient controls, application of accounting principles to transactions, to ensure conformance with applicable policies, laws and GAAP.
* Manage payroll processes, including correct preparation, timely submission to payroll service and maintenance of employee benefits in accordance with policy.
* Manage monthly close process including account reconciliations, accrual schedules and general journal entries.
* Manage and ensure compliance of the 401K plan.
* Manage financial reporting requirements, including weekly bank reporting.
* Manage periodic audits of financial information.
* Work closely with the VP of Finance in supporting management reporting needs.
* Actively participate and lead, as appropriate, financial systems projects.
* Define and implement formal financial policies and procedures for the organization.
* Manage the company’s commercial insurance policies.