Nulogy is a rare company. We value autonomy, mastery, and purpose for our employees, and a highly transparent and honest culture. This has helped us to be recognized repeatedly as one of AON Hewitt's Best Employers in Canada at their Platinum level for several years in a row, an award decided by anonymous employee surveys. Our motto is: It's not just business, it's personal. After 14 years working together, the company's founders from the University of Waterloo are still all at Nulogy, and still great friends!
Today, Nulogy's software is driving the supply chains of household names like L'Oreal, Sony, Procter & Gamble, and Pfizer. We create solutions for contract packagers and brands to collaborate on increasingly personalized consumer goods. For our rapid growth, Nulogy has been recognized in the 2015 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 which identifies the fifty fastest growing tech companies in Canada.
By joining Nulogy, not only will you work with intelligent and empathetic peers, you'll also be solving challenging problems that make real global impact.
Nulogy's Associate Product Managers (APM) are energetic, results-oriented individuals who excel in a team-oriented environment within our Product Management organization.
As the APM for Integrations, you'll own the products that are used to connect Nulogy applications to customer ERPs, WMSs, etc. Leveraging your ability to organize and motivate teams within an incremental delivery environment, you'll work with our Stakeholders, Software Engineers, Product Managers and Designers to translate product directives into actionable backlog deliverables, and follow through to completion.
You enjoy the development process, driven by the evolution of an idea to its ultimate delivery to market. You are thorough and inclusive, with an advanced ability to create actionable execution plans and clearly articulate requirements and priorities to your Agile teams.
As the team's primary source for scope definition and priority, you'll apply incremental delivery principles to working practices, driving the delivery of value through your team, across the Software Development Life Cycle; communicating progress, eliciting feedback and enabling stakeholder reviews for validation in the process.
- Requirements Articulation and Goal Alignment: Translate product directives into backlog items, effectively representing customer needs. Serve as the primary source of external information for the Agile teams, offering clear definitions of the targeted capability, the intended value to the customer, and functional/non-functional requirements framing the scope of the capability - independent of implementation.
- Product Development: Play a leadership role in the Agile team to ensure that capabilities are in-scope, on-time and of high quality, participating in all team ceremonies including standups, planning, review and retrospectives
- Author, refine and approve backlog items, with clearly articulated acceptance criteria
- Manage backlog contents and priority, ensuring sufficient depth of groomed items for development consumption and commitment
- Document intended product behavior and user experience in sufficient detail for downstream activities
- Work closely with development on implementation issues
- Review QA test plans to align with acceptance criteria
- Review relevant documentation for technical accuracy
- Final authority regarding completion of customer delivrables
- Stakeholder Communication: Effectively communicate product release contents and expected product capabilities/behavior to stakeholders including Customers, Product Management, Support and Services, Development and Marketing.
- You are enthusiastic, thorough and results-oriented
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence without authority
- You are self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work.
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout the product development process.
- 1-3 years of working as a product owner in an agile environment or a similar position
- Experience with organizing and motivating teams to succeed in an Agile environment
- Excellent project delivery skills, with proven work experience participating in cross-functional projects
- Experience and desire to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment
- Experience collaborating with external stakeholders and clients
- Previous Product Management experience with supply chain SaaS or B2B integrations would be a huge plus
- Academic background in engineering or computer science is a plus
Nulogy embraces diversity, and we recognize the need for teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We encourage everyone to apply.