Moose Kerr School
Position (grade/assignment details):
August 26, 2019
"PARTNERS IN EDUCATION"
The Beaufort Delta Divisional Education Council invites
Applications for the following assignment:
Instructional Coach Term Position
Moose Kerr School, Aklavik, NT
2019-2020 School Year
BDDEC is looking for a dynamic individual for the position of Instructional Coach to help improve student achievement in literacy. The primary focus of this position will be improving student literacy through data based decision-making, research-based strategies and job-embedded professional development of teachers focusing on early learning. The successful applicant should have elementary training and student literacy development experience. Alternately, applicants with expertise in inclusive schooling and reading assessment will also be considered.
As a key member of a dedicated educational leadership team responsible for providing consultative and collaborative support to BDDEC schools, the incumbent shall:
- Provide direct support to schools through lesson demonstrations and coaching using effective research-based teaching strategies
- Utilize the BDDEC Teacher Coaching Cycle to help develop teacher capacity
- Work with school representatives to determine priorities, and facilitate the development and implementation of plans and programs that meet the diverse educational needs of students
- Guide teachers in the use of data to inform instructional decisions
- Develop and deliver staff training (in-service) opportunities within the region in consultation with BDDEC school staffs
- Carry out and implement goals of school based literacy action plan
- Must work closely with the BDDEC Literacy Coordinator to ensure school based literacy plan aligns with district literacy plan
- Participate collaboratively in the BDDEC Literacy Network and all BDDEC literacy initiatives
- Work with schools to develop school-based literacy plans to meet their student needs.
- Be familiar with the curriculum in: English Language Arts
- Cultural competency is necessary.
- Coachability, Growth mindset and openness to learning is a must for the successful candidate.
- Undertake/assist in other duties that may be assigned by the Principal.
- Experience in cross-curricular or interdisciplinary planning.
- Willingness to actively participate in BDDEC/NWT in-services and training.
The successful applicant is expected to have specialization, training, and experience in any or all of the above listed responsibilities. Candidate must have a Bachelor of Education degree and be eligible for an NWT teaching certificate.
Postgraduate training, educational leadership and facilitation training and experience would be definite assets. Preference will be given to proficient educators with demonstrated leadership experiences, excellent initiative, planning, organization, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills, and a track record of effective classroom experience. She/he will be known for a high standard of professionalism and will be a strong team player committed to working well with and earning the respect of school staffs.
Equivalent combinations of education and/or experience will be considered.
Salary is dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from $80,180 to $129,448 per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
A job offer is contingent upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, and References.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy and the GNWT HR Manual NWTTA Staffing Priority.
The Government of the Northwest Territories is a workplace that is open to all Northerners. If you currently have a disability and if you require accommodation you are encouraged to identify your needs so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process
BDEC-2019-40 Closing Date: May 20 th , 2019 3:30 PM MDT
Beaufort Delta Education Council
Bag Service # 12
Inuvik, NT X0E-0T0
To view information on the schools in the Beaufort-Delta Region, please visit our website at: www.bdec.nt.ca
be sure to include all of your previous teaching experiences in your
application as well as two references, one of which must be your
administrator if you are currently in a Term Position.
be considered for this posting, applicants are
required to register online to submit an
application prior to the expiry date identified on the posting.
All postings will expire at 5:00 p.m. on the Posting Expiry Date.
1) Register online (or log into your account, if you have already registered)
2) Complete a portfolio (which includes a covering letter, a resume, and professional references)
3) Apply to this job posting
Our Board strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are
non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation,
please advise the Recruitment and Retention Team in advance of attending
applications will be screened based on the required education,
experience and qualifications as noted in the posting. Only those
candidates meeting these criteria will be eligible to participate in the
selection process and only qualified candidates will be contacted.