The Graphic Designer will support North East Medical Services (NEMS) in the production of marketing materials, advertisements, publications, promotional items, websites, etc., in accordance with the organization’s branding and identity standards. This position requires ample knowledge of graphic design and desktop publishing principles and standards; graphics and publishing software; and print production experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the design and enforcement of NEMS’ branding and identity standards, including the use of proper logos, color schemes, graphics, etc.
- Design, lay out, produce and maintain/edit marketing materials and publications, such as flyers, brochures, newsletters, posters and special reports
using design software, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. in accordance with NEMS Branding standards.
- Design, lay out, produce and maintain/edit branded content for internal use, such as organization forms, signs, training materials, etc.
- Design and layout artwork needed for NEMS-branded promotional items.
- Write, edit and update content and graphics for NEMS’ external website (www.nems.org), Sharepoint intranet website, social media and other web-
related projects. Translation between English and Chinese is essential.
- Design and maintain the consistent look and feel of other branded content for NEMS and associated lines of business/affiliations (MSO, NEMS
- Coordinate advertising options and establish contacts with both English and ethnic media (newspapers, TV, radio, new media). Keep track of
- Assist in the development of marketing and branding strategies, materials, etc.
- Coordinates photography needs and photo shoots as needed, and manages stock photography inventory.
- Consult and collaborate on video production projects as needed.
- Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
- Completion of a four year degree from an accredited institution or minimum four years experience in graphic design and/or desktop publishing.
- At least three (3) years of professional work experience in graphic design and/or desktop publishing.
- Knowledge and previous working experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver) required.
- Experience with both Mac and PC computing environments required. The position will be using a Mac primarily unless otherwise preferred.
- Ability to type in Chinese required. Ability to type in other languages an asset.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills in English and Chinese required.
- Knowledge and previous experience with photography and using a DSLR a huge plus.
- Fluent reading, writing and speaking in English is required.
- Fluent reading, writing and speaking in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) is required.
- Ability to read Vietnamese, Spanish or another language is an asset.
This is an FLSA non-exempt position.
This is not an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.