The Graphic Design Assistant will support North East Medical Services (NEMS) in the production of marketing materials, advertisements, publications, promotional items, websites, etc., in accordance with the organization’s branding and identity standards. This position requires ample knowledge of graphic design and desktop publishing standards, graphics and publishing software; and print production experience. The right candidate should be comfortable tackling and balancing a diverse array of creative, graphic design, desktop publishing, marketing, and even photography or video production projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design, lay out, produce and maintain/edit marketing materials and publications, such as flyers, brochures, newsletters, posters and special reports
using design software, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. in accordance with NEMS Branding standards.
- Design, lay out, produce and maintain/edit branded content for internal use, such as organization forms, signs, training materials, etc.
- Write, edit and update content and graphics for NEMS’ external website (www.nems.org), Sharepoint intranet website, social media platforms (e.g.
Facebook, Twitter, WeChat, Weibo) and other web-related projects. Translation between English and Chinese is essential.
- Design and maintain the consistent look and feel of other branded content for NEMS and associated lines of business/affiliations (MSO, NEMS
- Understand and enforce NEMS’ branding and identity standards, including the use of proper logos, color schemes, graphics, etc.
- Assists with advertising options and establish contacts with both English and ethnic non-English media (newspapers, TV, radio, new media). Keep track
- Assist in the development of marketing and branding strategies, materials, etc.
- Assists with photography needs and photo shoots as needed, and manages stock photography inventory.
- Assists with video production projects (filming, producing, editing) and/or animation as appropriate.
- Translate and publish written content from English to Chinese (or vice versa), adopting NEMS’ standard Chinese terminology and style.
- Assist in writing patient and staff newsletters and patient educational materials.
- Assist in special projects and performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
- Completion of a four year degree from an accredited institution or minimum four years experience in graphic design and/or desktop publishing.
- At least one (1) year of professional work experience in graphic design and/or desktop publishing.
- Knowledge and previous working experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver) required.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills in English and Chinese required.
- Experience with both Mac and PC computing environments required.
- Ability to type in Chinese required. Ability to type in other languages an asset.
- Knowledge and previous working experience with video editing software a huge plus.
- Knowledge and previous experience with photography, video production, and using a DSLR a huge plus.
- Fluent reading, writing and speaking in English is required.
- Fluent reading, writing and speaking in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) is required.
- Ability to read Vietnamese, Spanish or another language is an asset.
This is an FLSA Non-exempt position.
This is not an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and company contribution to 401(k).