Niantic Engineering seeks a multitalented Web Designer / Developer to create well-designed, secure and responsive websites for internal and public online properties. The person who fills this role should bring top-class frontend development as well as possessing a strong set of eyes for good UX and visual design. The developer will work closely with cross-functional teams to help tell the story of Niantic, which leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Build websites that incorporate best practices in accessibility, usability, and responsiveness.
- Work together with internal and external design/dev resources to implement scalable front-end templates and design modules.
- Develop helper tools to manage new and existing site content and static or dynamic web pages.
- Be able to work independently and manage one's own time / priorities given high level goals.
- 8+ years of professional experience designing and implementing complex, accessible websites.
- Expertise with web template engines, such as django / jinja / go template package.
- Strong sense of UX and clean, effective visual design.
Join the Niantic team!
- You have experience working with static site generator like Hugo or Grow.
Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.