Reporting to the Associate Director Organizational & Foundational Standards, the Administrative Services Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the activities of staff within a team environment to ensure financial, administrative, and operational functions are provided in the most efficient and effective manner for the department.
- Post-secondary diploma from a Community College Business in Accounting.
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration – Accounting preferred.
- 5 or more years experience in a financial/administrative capacity in a health or municipal environment.
- 5 or more years experience in a financial/administrative capacity in a health or municipal environment coupled with a guidance/supervisory role preferred.
Supervises staff, coordinating and planning work, providing work direction, assigning tasks and projects, determining methods and procedures to be used, monitoring quality of work, resolving problems and ensuring assigned results are achieved.
- Enables results with the organization’s human capital strategy to foster employee engagement.
- In conjunction with the Manager provides training and development, coaching and discipline when necessary, and manages staff recruitment.
- Ensures focus is service excellence, communication/transparency, innovation, and data integrity and work flow integration.
- Ensures staff has the information and resources to make successful plans and decisions.
- Ensures all people related issues, including recruitment, grievances and labour relations issues, are aligned to HR and Corporate standards and practices.
- Helps to break down barriers to employee success, ensuring collaboration and cooperation with other teams within their division and department
- Ensures Occupational Health & Safety policies, programs and practices are implemented, and maintained. This includes workplace inspections, monitoring, accident reporting and investigations, and ensuring any observed hazards or lapses in the functioning of OH&S processes, and other OH&S concerns are responded to promptly.
- Ensures all individuals under supervision have been informed of hazards and instructed on the necessary risk control and emergency response measures;
Manages administrative support services for the department.
- Manages and administers annual and multi-year Capital and Operating budgets for which they are delegated authority ensuring support of Council’s objectives, financial transparency and accountability, monitoring budget adherence, identifying and explaining variances, and financial reporting is effectively managed in compliance with corporate financial policies. Administer and approve the acquisition of goods and services for their direct reports in accordance with the procurement policy
- Ensures the processing of time and attendance for staff, ordering and recording of office supplies, coverage in satellite offices, accounts payable/ accounts receivable processing and the tracking and control of inventory.
- Develops, coordinates and oversees the ordering, tracking and distribution of purchases and payments of administrative supplies for the department.
- Resolves complaints, recording the nature of the complaints and monitoring patterns and making recommendations regarding changes in policies and practices and address issues.
- Reviews and updates Fees and Charges for bylaw report for the PHSSC for new fees and charges as they occur for the department.
- Determines an administrative allocation for programs with Public Health in an effort to maximize ministry dollars, and ensure that administrative charges are applied to programs that allow for an administrative allocation.
- Ensures the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of actual costs in the general ledger, maintaining accurate departmental revenue deposit records, inventories of equipment and supplies and accounts payable and receivable records and payroll systems.
- Ensures departmental expenditures and payments to contractors, consultants, etc. are processed.
- Assists with completion of the Division and Department’s annual goals and objectives.
- Compiles, analyzes, and summarizes data for reports and related summaries.
- Provides accounting and accounting software operational support to other divisions as required, monitors financial software programs used within the department to ensure optimal program functioning.
- Identifies and resolves satellite office issues, collaborating Corporate Services – Facilities Division with ensuring administrative and financial resources are available.
- Researches and prepares reports, as required both written and oral, on operational matters.
Develops and implements administrative policies and procedures, assessing the need for new/revised local policies/procedures and providing operational input into policy and guideline interpretation.
- Ensures the implementation of accounting standards (GAAP) and regional policies.
- Ensures necessary financial controls and processes are in place for the purchase of goods and services and are adhered to.
- Conducts internal audits to ensure compliance with administration practises and policies as well as an appropriate quality of service and documentation.
Monitors business processes and work practices, assessing need for improvements to achieve organizational and departmental outcomes.
- Reviews program support needs and make recommendations for changes.
- Liaises with corporate services to continually strategize on program improvements and to streamline process.
- Consults with the Financial Services Manager to implement program changes, monitoring and tracking the results.
- Provides support on assigned department/corporate-wide projects and /or initiatives for Director and Program Managers.
Represents the Department on specific committees both inside and outside the Department.
- Acts as a Departmental representative to educate and inform the internal stakeholders about the range of services that are available within administration as related to program policies and practices.
- An annual influenza vaccination is recommended.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.