What you'll do:
Provides technical support, deals with complex issues requiring considerable latitude and ingenuity for problem resolution and a good understanding of the company policies and guidelines.
Maintains accessibility and optimizes performance of file and application servers. Manages services availability and reliability of computer resources including shared resources, LAN & WAN resources, servers, laptops, and cell phones. Maintains system documentation.
Back up network, performing data recovery if necessary. Downloads and installs upgrades for LAN software shells, drivers, utilities, etc. In the event of a server crash, determines cause of problem and implements recovery procedure.
Analyzes and develops solutions for complex technical support problems related to operating systems, communications software, storage management, performance optimization and capacity planning. Participates in feasibility studies of new hardware/services and specialized software and may make recommendations on own concerning acquisitions, modification and implementation for smaller parts of the facility.
Develops and recommends the technical design (services, hardware, software, database, automation, storage and telecommunications) for production and development environments
Where applicable integrates technologies within the organizational infrastructure.
- Provides on-going technical support to ensure that Newton operational and Service Level objectives are met (including participation in 7/24 on-call support rotation)
- To maintain accessibility and optimize performance of servers.
- Ensure availability and reliability of computer resources including shared resources, network, servers, and printers.
- Maintain system/technical/network documentation.
- Back up network, performing data recovery if necessary.
- Download and install upgrades for LAN software shells, drivers, utilities, etc. In the event of a server crash, determine the cause of the problem and implement a recovery procedure.
- Make recommendations on hardware and software platforms.
- Liase with third party suppliers
- Spearhead infrastructure upgrade initiative, in line with development standards.
- Develop recommendations for acquisition and disposal of hardware and software.
- Implement new technologies.
- Provide assistance in the set-up or alteration of individual user work environment.
- Provide internal support for problems relating to IT infrastructure (network, server, etc)
- Some travel will be required - Primarily within GTA
- 5 + years in a support roles including planning, design, 1st and 2nd line support
- Solid working knowledge of network and network design
- Windows 10/2008/2012/2016 knowledge and experience with Active Directory and certification
- Checkpoint & Cisco experience in configuring Firewall Clusters and VPN's
- Cisco firewall, router and switch experience and certification
- Experience with DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP and networking services. Advanced analysis of communication protocols
- Azure IAAS experience
- VMWare experience
- Experience with storage management (SAN, Tape, etc)
- Network security, Microsoft patches and Antivirus etc.
- Experience with a Financial Institution
- Previous experience in outsourcing or ASP (Application Service Provider) business model (as vendor or customer)
- College/University graduation in Computer Science or related discipline OR equivalent combination of education and related experience
Job Type: Full-time
- System Administration: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Support: 5 years (Preferred)