The IT recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for a senior level DevOps Engineer who would be interested in a long-term contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
The candidate within this role will be responsible to secure and grow revenue through high levels of application quality and customer satisfaction.
The DevOps Engineer will be involved in the Infrastructure, Deployment and Development operations through automation for the digital systems and supporting software tools.
Overall responsibilities and accountabilities would be:
The qualifications we are looking for are:
- Automation of repeatable processes where possible.
- Work with team to design, build and support a robust internal PAAS (platform as a service) capability.
- Evangelize the principles and mindset of DevOps, drive and support various projects and initiatives.
- Identify and plan for optimization of resources and cost reduction wherever possible.
- Recommend and prove the best technology practices, principles and tools for the job, like JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence, Docker, Crowd, Gitlab, Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
- Apply experience, technical knowledge and innovative techniques to resolve complex Operations challenges.
- Inspire, educate and mentor more junior engineers, helping them grow and build a solid foundation for their career.
- Effectively communicate issues, risks and dependencies with project stakeholders, escalating where appropriate.
- Always look for ways to empirically measure the outcome of the work we complete.
- Champion continuous improvements in operations capabilities.
- BSC in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- At least 4 years' working experience.
- Strong experience in automation for the Enterprise.
- Strong experience in Chef, JDK, Apache/Tomcat, RHEL, Linux and open source technology stacks.
- Experience with pertinent software tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory, Nexus, Vagrant, Docker, etc.)
- Proven ability to develop architectures that incorporate high availability and operational scalability.
- Experience with Test Driven Development practices and frameworks.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery principles, practices, tools and process.
- Expertise in modern cloud infrastructure, APIs and virtualization concerns is essential.
- Ability to render system design details in sequence and flow diagrams and other forms of documentation when required.
- Experience working with and evaluating open source technologies and demonstrated ability to make objective choices.
- Ability to communicate complex architectures and insights in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Ability to work in an agile, multi-skill team of top talents.
- Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure and Enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge.
- Able to work independently, based on agreed strategic goals and objectives.
- Can work with local/remote teams, and support the requirements from world-wide teams.
Candidates who are looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.