The telecom recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking to bring aboard experienced Resident/Network Engineers within major cities in the Western Canadian region. This role is currently being offered on a full-time contracting basis.
The candidate in this role will be required to work directly with end customers and in a consultative manner with product support teams, regional customer support teams, the R&D organization, and systems engineering teams to deliver projects to the end customer.
The overall responsibilities/accountabilities include:
- Lead design discussions with the customer and consult with other team architects for design validations.
- Engage in the day-to-day activities of the customer as related to products and services.
- Produce and deliver product configuration based on pre-defined network designs.
- Produce detailed Network Migration Services to support our customer's requirements.
- Act as onsite technical prime for validating/supporting automated service creations and report generation tools.
- Produce and review design documentation, training documentation, and various customer-facing documents.
- Work closely with customers to test, design, and plan for network deployments and live migrations of customer traffic.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers' technical management teams.
- Develop and maintain in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of key product lines.
The skills and experiences required to be successful in this role include:
- 5 or more year of experience delivering professional services including network strategy, design and engineering, implementation, testing, customer training, and on-site support.
- Network Engineering expertise at a Multi-vendor integration level.
- Strong working level knowledge of IP Networking. Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP), QoS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, DPI, etc.
- Specific Alcatel knowledge of ALU 7x50 routers, 7705 SAS, and/or 7210.
- Excellent hands-on network integration and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Those candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us a detailed model of their resume in confidence. The recruitment team will formally follow up with those who would be an ideal fit for the environment and requirements.