Myticas requires the assitance of a Python Script Developer, who would be interested in a contract role offered within the Ottawa region.
The candidate will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
The candidate will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions including databases
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
In order to apply for this opportunity, send us an updated version of your resume in confidence. Our team will formally follow up with those candidates whom would be an ideal fit for the requirement.