The IT recruiting division at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Power BI Developer, who would be looking for a long-term mandate within the Ottawa region.
Our largest North American private sector client is looking for a someone who will plan, analyze, design, develop and implement Power BI dashboards and reports, and will advise and assist clients in support of their self-service Power BI development.
Other responsibilities and accountabilities include:
Mandatory requirements for this need are:
- To develop Power BI data models that aggregate data from multiple data sources to meet requirements.
- Configure and setup application gateway refreshes.
- Perform analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system technical specifications.
- Provide feedback and inputs on gaps in requirements and technical feasibility of requirements.
- Create mock-up reports for proof of concept reviews.
- Write functional/non-functional and integration test cases and test scripts from Power BI reporting business requirements and technical design documents.
- Perform Power BI report test execution and documenting test results.
- Minimum 2 years hands-on work experience with Microsoft Power BI designing, developing and implementing dashboard and reporting solutions.
- Minimum 5 years experience with the following: Data warehousing design methodologies including Dimensional Data modelling; Star-Schema Modelling, Snowflake Schema Modelling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Oracle and MS SQL database technology experience (SQL, PL/SQL).
- Experience developing and optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards and reports with a focus on usability and performance.
- Experience creating compelling and meaningful visualizations, hierarchies and drill-down in Power BI.
- Experience using DAX Data Analysis expressions and functions, Power Pivot, Enhancing Power BI visuals, Data extraction and Power query for data transformation.
- Experience with Power BI data modelling: defining a data model with calculated columns, measures and calculated tables using DAX.
- Experience with Power BI security methodologies; aligning business use cases with security solutions.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us a detailed model of their resume in confidence. Our recruitment team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up with those who would be an ideal fit for the environment and its requirements.