The IT recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for the assistance of an experienced MySQL DBA within the Ottawa region. The role is currently being offered on a permanent basis.
The overall responsibilities and accountabilities of the candidate would be:
- Perform ongoing maintenance, support and performance tuning of the databases and the application code.
- Liaise with the relevant technical support staff to support the installation, configuration and management of database servers.
- Participate in exercises to improve performance of the application.
- Ensure that all problems and changes are addressed in a timely manner, giving priority to those that affect the most users and/or mission critical systems.
- Maintain appropriate backup and recovery methods for the application.
- Prepare problem summary reports and participate in reviews of strategies and approaches to the provision of services.
We need candidates to possess the following skills/experiences:
- 5 years' experience as a MySQL database administrator.
- 5 years' experience tuning MySQL database performance in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
If you're looking to apply for this opportunity, be sure to send us an updated version of your resume in confidence. Our recruitment team will review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.