The IT recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking to hire an Intermediate Test Developer to join the team within the Toronto region.
The candidate will be required to take responsibility for completeness and accuracy of test data entry and record keeping of tests completed.
From a requirements stand-point, we are looking for the following:
- Creates test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation.
- Converts requirements and design documents into a set of test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology.
- Performs application product and end-to-end functional testing of the business process using available tools and applications, ensures fixes are tested and verified and the implementation components are tested until QA standards are met.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to junior members on current practices and available toolkits.
- Drives the quality of features through solid testing methods and improves effectiveness by identifying the right set of test cases to test and potentially automate.
- May assist with initial project setup within Quality Center and the target test environment.
- Performs defect tracking and coordinates QA activities.
- Analyzes data, recommends improvements and compiles reports based on findings.
- Recommends adjustments to current testing processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvements.
- Communicates test processes and test plans to appropriate parties.
- Work closely with different functional groups to resolve issues, and ensure thorough testing that meets the scope of the approved test strategy and test approach.
We are looking for those who have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in software testing required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand functional, technical and non-functional requirements.
- Experience designing, creating, performing, and documenting both functional and technical test cases and scripts.
- Working knowledge of the HP ALM tool
- Extensive testing experience with GUI (front end applications) testing
- Knowledge of basic SQL queries
- SOAP UI testing experience
- Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
If you re looking to apply for this position, be sure to update and send us a version of your resume in confidence. We will contact those whom would be an ideal fit for the requirements.