The IT recruitment division at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced MySQL DBA, who would be interested in a contract to permanent opportunity offered within the Ottawa region.
The MySQL Database Administrator will perform the following tasks:
- Perform ongoing maintenance, support and performance tuning of the databases and the application code.
- Liaise with the relevant technical support staff to support the installation, configuration and management of database servers.
- Participate in exercises to improve performance of the application.
- Ensure that all problems and changes are addressed in a timely manner, giving priority to those that affect the most users and/or mission critical systems.
- Maintain appropriate backup and recovery methods for the application.
- Prepare problem summary reports and participate in reviews of strategies and approaches to the provision of services.
- 5 years' experience as a MySQL database administrator.
- 5 years' experience tuning MySQL database performance in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated/detailed model of their resume in confidence. The team will review all applicants and follow up with those who would be an ideal fit for the requirement.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- MySQL Database Admin: 4 years (Required)